Smart minds through rough times in an uniform

School uniforms are not about conformity, but rather about instilling discipline and a sense of community among students. In high school, they can help create a sense of community and equality in students. It can also reduce the pressure of fitting in and the distraction of fashion, allowing students to focus on their education. Public schools in general should require uniforms to prevent the issue of feeling like you need to blend in. Students should not feel like they have to dress for school because people will judge them on how they look. They should be focusing on their education and learning instead. If you’re a student reading this, consider the benefits that uniforms could have for you.

Wearing school uniforms can lower the percentage of bullying in High school. According to an article in The Guardian, “In America, where a majority of schools do not have a uniform, roughly 160,000 children miss school every day due to fear of attack or intimidation by other students.” Students should not be picked on based on how they dress coming to school. They should not have to be judged on if their family has money or not. As an example, when I was a freshman in high school I would always see people being picked on about what they wear to school. I feel like people should never judge a book by its cover. Requiring uniforms in public schools can reduce the percentage of bullying that students have to endure.

Having school uniforms could be less stressful in the morning waking up for school. Uniforms can reduce the time it takes to get ready each morning and set up students for success by removing stress from an already-overwhelming morning. Students may feel the need that going to school is a fashion show and look nice for their “Crush,” when in reality they are just going to get their education. Most of the time why I’m late to school is because I’m taking my sweet time getting ready for school trying to figure out what I’m going to wear. I could just imagine throwing on a uniform that everyone will be wearing in school without having to worry about what I’m wearing because everyone will be wearing the same thing.

Mandatory school uniforms would have made my life way less stressful and easier to get to school on time. Parents and students should have an opportunity to vote if their school districts should make uniforms mandatory. me personally I feel like districts should have uniforms it will be a lot of stress relief to wake up and put on uniform and attend school.